Respiratory Muscle Strength Trainer with Accessories
Respiratory muscle trainers are hand held devices designed to strengthen the muscles of inspiration and expiration. These portable devices are easy to use and beneficial for anyone interested in developing power and endurance of their breathing muscles.
Improving the strength of the expiratory muscles (the muscles you breathe out with) assists in breathing and breath support for singing, speaking, and coughing.
For patients with inspiratory muscle weakness, the addition of inspiratory muscle training (IMT) to a general exercise training program tends to improve exercise performance. Inspiratory resistance strengthens the diaphragm and the accessory muscles of breathing and patients with neuromuscular weakness may benefit from IMT with improved endurance.
To enroll in the full Breather® training course, visit the manufacturers website: pnmedical.com
Voice Aerobics offers programs and products designed to improve and support the way you use your voice. Home-based exercise, like the BREATHER® can be used independently by persons with voice changes from neuromuscular disease such as Parkinson’s Disease, MS, PSP, Post Polio, or even for persons with voice weakness from age related changes to breathing and voice.
We receive numerous email questions about how our products can help with voice and breathing and we encourage you to read what others have asked to determine if our products are right for you. View our products and check out the latest Voice Aerobics Products available.
Still not sure? Drop us a line. We also love to hear from satisfied customers. Your feedback helps us help you!
The Breather is an Inspiratory/Expiratory Respiratory Muscle Training device (RMT). It’s a FDA Class 1 device in service for 30 years with almost 1 Million units sold. Increasing muscle strength using resistance training is effective in peripheral skeletal and respiratory muscles. Breathing against resistance during respiratory muscle training (RMT) activates and strengthens respiratory muscles and improves health and quality of life by promoting regained activity and exercise tolerance.
Cleaning Instructions for The Breather, Click Here
- Resistive Inspiratory and Expiratory Muscle Therapy (RMT)
- Adjustable and independent pressure settings
- Patient can be in any position for therapy
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy to use and clean
- Free and easy self-paced video protocol training for therapist and patient.
- Congenstive Heart Failure
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Vocal Fold Pathologies
- Ventilator / Trach Weaning
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Sleep Apnea
- Inspiratory muscles -diaphragm, external intercostals, accessory muscles of neck.
- Expiratory muscles – internal intercostals, abdominals.
- Helps in movement of hyolaryngeal complex.
- Generates improved airflow through vocal folds.
- Improves respiratory support for safe swallow function.
- Improves protective cough and assists in airway clearance.
- Promotes diaphragmatic breathing.
- Decreases shortness of breath.
- Improves blood flow to resting and exercising limbs
- RANGE: -50 cmH2O to +55 cmH2O
- SETTINGS: 6 Inspiratory, 5 Expiratory
- DIMMENSIONS: 129 x 43 x 46mm
- WEIGHT: 1.6 oz
- REGISTRATION: FDA Class 1 #: 1058052