Presented by Mary Spremulli, MA, CCC-SLP on Tuesday, June 25th, 2019, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM EDT
- The prevalence of swallowing problems in Parkinson’s and why patients may under-report
- Associate a gastrointestinal model of Parkinson’s disease (PD) with dysphagia
- Identify clinical symptoms that may represent a swallowing problem
- Review the effect of dopamine replacement and DBS on swallowing function.
- Describe Parkinson’s affect on respiratory function and breathing-swallowing coordination
- Recognize the importance of clinical and instrumental swallowing assessments in guiding treatment, including swallowing exercise/s
- Understand the patient’s perspective about swallowing problems and Parkinson’s disease as they relate to: timing of referrals, adherence to treatment recommendations, and quality of life
You are Invited to take part in this Webinar – from the comfort of your home or office! The cost is free for 2019 NFOSD members and only $10 for non-members.